Challenching yourself, personal growth and crafting your growth are meaningfull topics in Ice Bath. Starting a new job is one way to craft your growth. It’s not definately most easiest one, but it can be the most effective one especially if you focus on your professional growth.
Since the topic is actual for myself I gathered 10 reasons why people should change their jobs.
1. Adrenalin. You probably never have been called an adrenaline junkie or adrenaline addict, but you might find yourself very attracted to the adrenalin rush you will get by changing your job. You don’t have to be a free fall jumper, skydiver, or another obvious type of danger-seeker to be hooked on the rush that comes from a little stress; adrenaline junkies come in much more subtle forms, even a Master of health sciences can be one. Just don’t get addicted to the feeling, addiction always harms the future.
2. Colleagues. You will still be attached to your former colleagues, but among them you will get the new ones. I call it networking in big time.
3. They say you should change a job every 7 years. Yes I did go by the book! 7 years and 4 months and I got the urge to learn something new. It is easy to stay in your comfortzone. So easy, too easy.
4. You get to challenge yourself. ”If something that you’re doing doesn’t challenge you, then it doesn’t change you.” Unknown
5. You will learn new things about yourself. You have been independent leader of yourself and your work, but Oh boy it feels good that you have to have a mentor who you can follow like a duck. You get the secure feeling when you see your mentor behind their desk in the morning. A mentor doesn’t even have a clue how much they mean to you, but you will enjoy the joy inside of you. You are meaningfull to someone, they give their time to make you feel comfortble. We need that feeling. We need to have moments when we are carried, to be able to carry others when needed.
6. If you are over 40 and a woman you get to know all your fears, especially if you change the city among the work. But well hey, you do want to get familiar with the dark side of yourself!
7. Step out of your comfort zone. Jumping to an ice bath is nothing comparing to a start of a new job. After a day in a new job you might end up having a dream where you find yourself in pyjamas in your former job. It just tells you about your feelings of how bare, exposed and insecure you can be. Luckily it happened in your former job, not the new one!
8. You get to give an expression that you are cleaver and taking all in even though you don’t have no idea what they are saying. You can just look smart and nod. Maybe the only time in your life that it is acceptable.
9. You get to meet interesting people. Is there anything more interesting than meeting new people and to be able to be reflected by them. They see you in different light.
10. The most important thing is that you are able to grow bigger than even you knew you had the potential for. When people get familiar with you they don’t always see all the knowledge and potential that you have. They see the good things about you and knowledge that is handy for everyone, but they and you might lose the rest that you have in you.
Changing the job is not a solution for everyone to craft their growth. It is important that you find your own way to craft your personal and professional growth. Just follow your dreams and ambitions!